Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The scariest thing I have ever gone through!!

I have to write about this to remind you all to spend a little extra time with your kids and to tell them you love them often. Tonight the plan was all the owners of the truck stop would meet to pick up trash all around the outer edges of our property. So of course we took our kids. When we got there they were using a backhoe to throw the trash in the bucket. Larry when we got there said you keep the kids by you and I will pick up trash. So we got started and did all the trash on the first side of the building. Larry, the kids , Dave Pipher, and I started walking across the parking lot to the other side when the owner of the backhoe came flying up behind us. I froze in fear, but was like get the kids. Larry and Dave grabbed Easton then Kyson as the bucket was over his head and he was about 1 inch away from the tire. The driver noticed me out to the side and slammed on the brake and skidded to a stop. He hadn't even seen us because he had the bucket of trash right in his line of vision. I can't even tell you the feeling. Our hearts were about to pound out of our chests, and our bodies would not stop shaking. I had to go sit inside because I was sick and my legs wouldn't even hold me up. I still am very traumatized. We are very lucky to have the lord watching over us!!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I don't even know what to write. I am so thankful Our Heavenly Father was watching over you little guys. I can't even imagine if something ever happened to any of the kids I Love. It makes me get teary eyed even thinking about it. Well thanks for your tramatizing reminder about how precious our little ones are. I am so sorry you had to go threw that. I love you all so much!!! Do me a favor and keep yourselves in bubble wrap for a while.

Jessica said...

Oh WOW!! That is really scary. I am SO HAPPY that nothing happend to your kids. I could NEVER imagine loosing one of my kids. I don't know if I could live after that. I am sure you are doing enough to tell your kids every day how much you love them. You are an amazing Mom! I admire you in so many ways!