Friday, January 2, 2009

Our favorite family tradition!

Every new years day we get together as a family and have lunch then go out back in my parents field and go sledding. My dad makes a fire and we roast marshmellow (this year we didn't get to because of Kysons diet)then he puts a heater in their shed so we can go in to get warm. After we are done sledding we go inside for hot chocolate and dessert. Here are the pictures of all the fun.











Even though this tube is at least twice the size of Kendyl she always managed to get it to the top of the hill.

Jamie and I riding the old wood radio flyer sled down the drive. Of course I am driving. You will see why later you never ride with Jamie

Look how far we would go!! So much fun


The funniest thing ever!! SO earlier in the day Katie was telling me not to ride the snow mobile with Jamie because she was crazy. Later when we went out Jamie begged me to ride with her and I kept saying no, well then Larry said just go, so I finally gave in , at the same time Katie came running saying I will go. I was so glad and after this happened I was even more gald. So I got this picture of them when they were getting ready to take off, and the next picture tells the funy story. So Jamie hit the gas while they were on a small hill and the turbo kicked in throwing them off the back. The snow mobile kept going down the field. That is Chance chasing it. So by the time I got my camera back out they had already gotten up and were walking back. LOL They are both very sore. Sorry Jamie and Katie I am laughing the whole time I am typing this.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

This is one of my favorite traditions too, and I an still feeling it. Chance did get my back to pop a few times so I think I am feeling a little better. It is so horrible getting old. Your body just doesn't bounce as good. Chance is still talking about how funny my wreck was. I am glad I gave you all a good laugh. LOL!!!

Jamie said...

I tagged you! See my blog!